Hon. Mr. Khuswant Singh,
The whole world knows that you are doyen of Indian English Literature.
I come from a small town – Bulandshahar in UP. I hope you remember me since twice we visited you and heard some real life stories and incidences from different walks of your life. I am your admirer and have been collecting your articles “ With Malice towards One and All,” weekly published in HT. As a token of respect and admiration I ensured that my home made mango pickles and ripe mangoes from my orchard reach you in time.
Though I know you are very old (96 years) and at fag end of life but you have a young heart and a lively one too. After you the world shall miss a noble cheerful soul who is unparallel in literary history. What I regret is my meetings with you was without a camera and have no photographs of you.
I wish you might grant me this last wish of mine – taking a few pictures with you. Few minutes will give us a pleasure and treasure for a life time.
Hope you shall permit me a meeting with yourself, as it suits you, lasting a few minutes to see you and take some snaps. Even my late father had privilege of talking to you on phone before he left for his eternal journey in the year 2003. He too was a great admirer of your writings. He has read, Train to Pakistan and History of Sikhs in two volumes.
With hope I request and humbly petition you for a much cherished meeting even though it might be of great inconvenience to you, which every sensible person can understand..
I even have a letter by you, a post card, saved for posterity in which you have written few words about late Mr. Rajesh Pilot.
Wishing a few minutes with you for taking few photos. I have come all the way from Bulandshahar and staying with my brother- in- law Lt Col H S Chhokar. On both my previous two visits he accompanied us and on both occasions you blessed us with your autographed books which are our treasure now.
I eagerly look forward to hearing from you Mr Singh and I can be contacted at until next 10 days and I must tell you that each day shall arise with a hope of hearing from you granting me the most desired and cherished memory of my life – a meeting with yourself.
Monday, April 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment