Hon Ambassador,
Embassy of Republic of Serbia,
3/50 G. Niti Marg.
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.
His Excellency,
Good Wishes.
At the onset I would like to introduce myself Rajeev Gurjar. I am a 52 yrs old man and I come from a village upon holy Ganges.
Though I was educated and trained for legal profession but my interests and circumstances compelled me to deviate to new field of Literature. My late father was a leading lawyer of the district.
My grandfather served the British army and later on, was elevated to the position
Of Honorary magistrate. Presently, I live in the district town of Bulandshahar in state of Uttar Pradesh.
My purpose of writing to you is that, about two years ago I wrote a poem on the beautiful people of Serbia—I am convinced about that, indeed Serbians are beautiful people.
Through this letter of mine, I request you to please get my poem published in some literary magazine or publication of Republic Of Serbia in English Language or please get it translated into Serbian Language and please get it published in your country. The poem is on my blog (salamatpur—on—ganges) too, with the same title. The poem is enclosed with this letter for your perusal.
I would be very grateful if your Excellency could help me in getting it published. For this gesture of yours, I shall be grateful and your effort for same will be much appreciated.
I thank you for this little trouble, attention and kindness. Please, if possible do reply through post or email.
Thanking you.
Sincerely Yours.
Rajeev Singh Gurjar
Advocate.
OH! BEAUTIFUL SERBIANS
Oh! Beautiful and enchanting women of Serbia,
Are you brave too like women of India?
Roses, marigolds and jasmines for you and also the tulips,
For you have lovely eyes , rosy cheeks and russet lips .
Though I live in India my heart throbs for land of Serbia,
Oh! Are you as beautiful and curvaceous as women of India?
Love I not only Ganges but also your own Danube River,
Are not the waters of these holy rivers much similar?
As you might know my country is five thousand years old,
And it has mystical, spiritual and magical heart of gold.
If you are proud of your own songs, dress and dances,
Astonishing and bewildering is Indian culture and its branches.
Admire I your lovely bodies and your amazing smiles,
Believe me of my purity and my deep love, free of guiles.
Best and the most charming and lovely women of Serbia,
You will be always welcomed in my incredible land of India.
We are secular, spiritual and singing one billion Indians,
Are not our emotions and smiles like you charming Serbians.
Our land is full of sages, monks and ancient religions;
Charmed you will be when you see our land oh! Serbians.
In ancient times we humans were all barbarians and savages,
Knew only food gathering and hunting and knew not calculation of ages.
In medieval ages the world fought wars for land and religions,
Every men of sword had dreams of forts, palaces, courts and bastions.
Few centuries ago we advanced into reign of renaissance and learning,
Geographical discoveries, revolutions and inventions powered our thinking.
But today are the times of development liberalization and globalization,
Let us be true citizens of the single world and shed our all
parochial inhibitions.
With our old thinking, manners and behavior we will reach no further,
To make the world a better place let us unite and work hard together.
This beautiful age of computers and information has brought the world nearer,
Let us all, men and women promise solemnly to fly the flag of peace and goodwill and be it's bearer.
Oh! Jovana, Jelena, Nikolina,------- et al listen to my words with all heart and mind,
Whatever I speak and write comes from very heart without bane and words kind.
Have you ever felt the pain of poverty, ignorance, sweat tears, toil and ill-health?
This bard of Ganges has a sweet heart like our monks and sages, and no pleasures and no wealth.
*******
Monday, April 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment